Quality cannot be made after a text is finished. During the editing stage for quality assurance, all preceding steps are carried out so that a perfect text is the natural result – be it operating instructions, a technical manual or a technical translation.
- Checking all technical texts for quality BEFORE publishing and/or translating them. It is an important part of quality assurance to check the initial texts.
- Selecting and evaluating specialised translators and/or technical editors by strict quality criteria
- Translation following DIN EN ISO 17100
- Competent and qualified project managers for the project management
- Qualified revisors for projects
- Consequent use of the system solution translation memory in the translation process in order to ensure textual consistency
- Consistent use of special terminology
- Respecting customer-specific glossary / special terms
- Process-oriented quality and project management
Confidence is good, control is better: You can check our services in editing for quality assurance purposes.
Evaluating the editing stage for quality assurance
Quality assurance is part of our quality management. Our processes comprise consistent organisational and technical measures serving to create and maintain the defined quality prior to the creation of the text (including, of course, the translation), during writing / translating and during the check of the text.
- The text must be correct and complete in terms of content.
- The terminology must be used correctly.
- Style guides must be adhered to.
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling must be free from errors.
- The translation memory must be applied correctly for the translations and be up to date.
But just a high textual qualify is not all that makes our quality assurance. Quality arriving too late is good for no one. Our defined processes also help us achieve high service quality. Assess our editing stage for quality assurance therefore by the following criteria:
- We keep agreed deadlines.
- We stick to agreed processes, for example in order processing, frequency of contact and communication with the translators – no question remains unsolved.
- We keep agreed formatting.
- We use state-of-the-art technology.
- Enquiries regarding delivered texts and translations are processed without delay.
- Our invoices are transparent.
Our quality assurance lays the foundations for the entire process running smoothly and for achieving high quality of your text or your translation. Please ask us for more information about what we can do for you.
Editing your translation
For editing, we strictly follow the requirements of DIN EN IEC/IEEE 82079-1 and adhere to ISO 17100. As soon as the translation is finished, a second qualified translator checks the entire translated document by the source text. Following the 4-eyes principle, the translator checks
- Style and language
- Spelling and grammar
- Correct translation of the text and special terminology